Efficient and cost-effective global customer care solutions
According to research from the International Customer Management Institute (ICMI):
- 79% of contact centres deal with people who are not native speakers of the primary language(s) that they serve.
- At least 60% of customers expect service in their native language when contacting a brand.
- 52% of support centres expect their volume of non-primary language communications to increase over the next three years.
Despite this, ICMI found that the number one way centres provide service to people who speak an unsupported language is to “simply apologise and attempt to handle the request in the agent’s primary language”. In an industry built around customer satisfaction and experience, ignoring consumer’s preferences while increasing their effort isn’t an effective strategy.
Lionbridge can help your contact centres provide multilingual support to increase customer satisfaction at a fraction of the cost of traditional strategies. Our primary solution is GeoFluent, a real-time translation solution built specifically for global support centres. It enables you to communicate with consumers in any language across any channel.
GeoFluent is different from straight machine translation in that it:
- Plugs into your existing chat, email, helpdesk, and other communication software
- Employs a patented linguistic layer to provide the highest levels of translation quality
- Provides seamless omni-channel support, including voice, chat, email, mobile, web, social media, and more
By using GeoFluent, you can:
- Improve customer experience (CX) across markets and channels by eliminating language as a communications barrier.
- Reduce costs by enabling an omni-lingual self-service option to deflect inbound calls, decreasing the need to staff across all languages.
- Minimise complexity and risk with standardised services and compliance across languages.
- Preserve global brand consistency by using a glossary to ensure accurate representation of trademarks, product names, and brand elements in every language.
Consider also how important customer care is when you’re running global marketing campaigns to acquire new customers or translating websites to communicate in local languages. After doing all that, how do you support those clients?
Learn more about how Lionbridge Customer Care solutions can help you optimise the experience internationally.