Corporate Communication: Case Study
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company was rolling out a new ERP system and wanted to address the worldwide implementation challenges brought about by the number of languages, operational complexities, and limited employee ERP knowledge. Issues included:
- Multiple training documents (> 20 per language) with required regular updates and fragmented handoffs
- Frequent requests for translation with challenging character length restrictions
- Significant Corporate Governance requirements spanning 130,000+ worldwide employees
We assigned a designated Lionbridge Project Manager with strong ERP background and close customer proximity. We also deployed an ERP vendor base of market leaders to bring best practices to the rollout.
In addition, we implemented a translation management system (TMS) to handle the high number of files contained in the more substantial project components. Finally, we created an end-to-end multimedia solution to enable translation of on-screen text/voiceover and source development.
- A direct collaboration with Super Users (SUs) enabled extended service with in-country offices for major languages (e.g. Russian)
- We received positive feedback from the regions on quality, cost, and timing KPIs, particularly in Japan, the most challenging market